When clients come to meet with us, they are almost all concerned about their family’s welfare if something were to happen to them. This concern isn’t unfounded. It is a natural feeling
However, even though clients may enter our offices with that central fear in mind, they walk out of our office relieved. Why is that so? It’s because they’ve created an estate plan, tailored to their goals and needs, one that they know will protect and provide for their loved ones when they are no longer alive.
Ultimately, each client’s plan is unique, based on their specific goals and life circumstances. However, there are Eight Fundamental Estate Planning Worries we discuss when crafting every estate plan here at Cohen & Cohen Law Group:
1. We help you determine who you wish to manage your affairs if you become incapacitated and who will manage them when you pass away.
2. We discuss how important planning for possible nursing home or other significant long-term healthcare is to you and we help you plan for future Medicaid qualification.
3. We show you how to avoid probating your estate in court after your death, when your assets must be managed and distributed to your chosen beneficiaries.
4. We help protect your assets for your beneficiaries, keeping those assets safe from any lawsuits, divorces, and other claims your beneficiaries may have against them when they inherit your estate.
5. We create a plan and oversight for any inheritance you may leave to your loved ones who may be too young or inexperienced to effectively manage the property they are being given.
6. We discuss the possibility of creating a plan to benefit your loved ones with special needs, who may not be able to receive an inheritance themselves without losing their government benefits, or without oversight regarding how the money should be managed.
7. We teach you how to protect part of your estate if you pass away and leave behind a spouse who could remarry.
8. We address how to best preserve harmony within your family and prevent – or at least discourage – frivolous challenges to your estate plan.
The concerns our clients have when they come to our office to discuss creating an estate plan are based on their own, individual experiences. However, these five basic topics always come up, in some fashion, during our consultations.
Maybe you yourself are worried about what will happen to your estate and your loved ones when you are gone. Maybe you would like someone to point you in the right direction so you can soothe some of these concerns. Wouldn’t knowing that your family is taken care of give you the peace of mind you crave?
Of course it would!
The Attorneys here, at Cohen & Cohen Law Group, P.C., are ready and able to work with you to calm your fears and make the rest of your life easier to enjoy. Call our office at 718-275-7779 and schedule an appointment to meet with us today. We will discuss your specific concerns and help you develop a plan that best fits your needs and the need of your family.