Queens Car Accident Lawyer Explains What Compensation a Victim Can Get in a Queens Car Accident
Victims who are injured in a motor vehicle accident can suffer a wide-range of serious injuries and damages. Under New York law, damages is not just limited to the actual injuries that a person has. Rather, “damages” is a measure of relief that a victim may be entitled to in a lawsuit. In personal injury actions, damages are typically monetary compensation. This is because damages in personal injury actions are usually emotional harm or reimbursement for expenses, as opposed to contract cases where damages could be performance of an obligation or in estate cases where an individual could get a specific, unique object. Our Queens car accident lawyers explain what damages that a victim may be entitled to in a Queens car accident so victims know what their rights to compensation may be under New York law.
This is because COHEN & COHEN PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS, P.C. , is a firm built around educating, assisting, and representing victims and their families in New York. We work hard to help teach people about their rights in case they have been seriously injured due to the reckless, careless, or negligent conduct of another. We also work hard to help victims and their families during their time of need, including helping catastrophically injured victims or families who lost a loved one. If you or a loved one were seriously injured or if a loved one was wrongfully killed in New York, call us for a FREE consultation to learn what damages you may be entitled to under New York law.
What Compensation Can a Victim Recover in New York?
Victims who have been seriously injured in New York may be entitled to compensation. The term “damages” is the measure of relief. Victims of a Queens car accident are usually entitled to monetary compensation. This means that victims may recover compensation for all injuries that the defendant was a substantial factor in causing to the victim. This includes the following types of damages:
- Past pain and suffering – this is pain and suffering from the date of the accident to the date that our Queens car accident lawyers settle or win a recovery for you in court
- Future pain and suffering – this is the pain and suffering from the date of the settlement or award until the end of the life expectancy of the victim
- Medical bills and expenses – this is the past and future medical bills such as hospital fees, ambulance costs, follow-up treatment, and emergency surgery
- Lost wages – the lost income you suffered from a Queens car accident, including from the accident, injuries, appointment, and other causes of lost days at work
- Lost future earnings if you are unable to return to the same line of work and have to take a pay cut
- Vehicle or home modifications, including a chairlift, ramp, or other devices
- Loss of consortium, which is loss of relations with a spouse, or loss of society, friendship, relationship, and time spent with a loved one such as a parent, child, sibling, or other family member that is not your spouse but someone you were away from or could not spend time with due to the auto accident, and
- Many other damages related to the motor vehicle crash.
Victims Should Call our Law Firm for Help
Our Queens car accident lawyers at COHEN & COHEN PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS, P.C. can help victims and their families recover the compensation that they may be entitled to under New York law. There is no upfront cost to have us start working on our case as we only get paid after you get paid. Learn how we can help you today by dialing 800-247-8164 for a FREE case evaluation or use our convenient and easy-to-use contact us box available here to get started with our legal team.