ROTATOR CUFF INJURIES FROM QUEENS CAR ACCIDENTS
UNDERSTANDING ROTATOR CUFF INJURIES FROM QUEENS CAR ACCIDENTS
Your shoulder is one of the most complex joints on your body. It is also one of the most important. There are several boney processes which form the structure of the joint, and many muscles, tendons, and ligaments which help stabilize and move the joint. In addition, groups of nerves and blood vessels, including the brachial plexus nerves, all funnel through the shoulder girdle and supply the entire arm. Thus, it should be no surprise that the shoulder can be serious injured in a motor vehicle accident. One of the most severe and debilitating injuries are rotator cuff injuries from Queens car accidents.
Here at Cohn & Cohen Law Group, P.C., we understand how damaging and debilitating a rotator cuff injury can be. Victims may be unable to work for months or years, and may have significant limitations on their daily and customary activities. Victims may also require surgery, including arthroscopic surgery or “scope” surgeries to repair the damage done to the rotator cuffs. Our law firm understands the hardship from scope surgeries, and we have recently recovered $250,000, $200,000, and $194,500 for our clients in scope surgery personal injury cases. (Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.) While many rotator cuff surgeries go as planned, far too often victims will have some permanent limitation or restriction on their range of motion or strength. When this happens, victims should call our experienced Queens car accident lawyers to learn how we can help recover compensation for their scope surgery.
ROTATOR CUFF ANATOMY
There are four rotator cuffs which help control your arm. Each of these rotators cuffs is a small but strong tendon that is resistant to tearing. However, each tendon could be damaged in severe motor vehicle accidents. The four rotator cuffs and what they control include the following:
- Supraspinatus – this holds your humerus in place and keeps your upper arm balanced and stable. It also helps lift your arm. This rotator cuff is frequently injured in throwers like baseball players, and can be pinched in joint. It is located at the top of your shoulder.
- Infraspinatus – this helps rotate and extend your shoulder. This is located on the front of your shoulder.
- Teres minor – this rotator cuff helps rotate the arm away from the body. It is located in the front of your shoulder and lower down the “ball” of your shoulder. It is very small and used more to stable and asset the movement rather than to do the moving.
- Subscapularis – this holds you upper arm bone to your shoulder blade and allows you to rotor your arm, hold it straight out, or lower it. It is located on the back of your shoulder and is large.
TYPES OF ROTATOR CUFF INJURIES FROM QUEENS CAR ACCIDENTS
There are many possible types of rotator cuff injuries that victims could suffer in a motor vehicle accident. These injuries could require arthroscopic surgery, or scope surgery. Some of the most common types of rotator cuff injuries include the following:
- Tears – this is when the rotator cuff is partially or fully torn. Scar tissue is a huge problem which could quickly develop on the damaged ends of the tendon and cause improper function. Tears can also result in weakness to the tendon. Most tears need to be surgically repaired, and all full tears must be surgically repaired. Tears could result in permanent loss of range of motion, weakness, and pain.
- Tendinitis – this condition is where your tendons are inflamed and swollen. This could be due to overuse, but it could also be due to damage to your rotator cuffs in a motor vehicle accident akin to bruising or swelling of an area of your body that gets injured like a twisted ankle or bump on the forehead.
- Bursitis – this is inflammation, irritation, or damage to the “bursa,” or fluid-filled sac between your shoulder joint and rotator cuff tendons. This helps to cushion and direct structures in the proper direction, but it can suffer damage.
- Shoulder impingement – this is when the shoulder joint has been damaged, misaligned, or otherwise deranged in such a manner that caused the joint to pinch the rotator cuffs around it. The most commonly pinched or injured joint is the supraspinatus.
CALL OUR LAW FIRM FOR HELP WITH ROTATOR CUFF INJURIES FROM QUEENS CAR ACCIDENTS
Our experienced Queens car accident lawyers have handled many personal injuries cases resulting in scope surgeries—including rotator cuff injuries. We can help protect the rights of victims and their families who have suffered catastrophic and debilitating personal injuries as a result in rotator cuff injuries in NYC, Long Island, Queens, and anywhere else throughout New York. This includes recovering compensation for pain and suffering, lost wages, lost future earnings, medical bills, and other damages related to your injuries. If you or a loved one suffered severe shoulder injuries in a motor vehicle accident, call for a free consultation to learn what your rights to compensation may be by calling (718) 275-7779 for a FREE case evaluation or use our convenient and easy-to-use contact us box available here.