Living Well Today. Preparing For Tomorrow.
The interdisciplinary field of elder law addresses not only the needs of older men and women, but also the medical, financial and personal needs of children and adults of all ages. Elder law involves elements of estate planning. In essence, the role of an elder law attorney is to help his or her client live well in the present and prepare for the future.
Protect Your Assets, Qualify For Benefits And Cover Expenses
At COHEN & COHEN PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS, P.C., based in Forest Hills, New York, we help individuals, couples and families protect their assets, qualify for maximum benefits and cover essential medical costs and living expenses. Specifically, our firm’s Queens elder law attorneys can help you:
- Qualify for Medicaid and/or other government benefits — preferably before you need those benefits
- Use estate planning tools to shelter and transfer assets (including your primary residence) in a way that will enable you to provide for your children and grandchildren, as well as charitable causes
- Prepare for the cost of nursing home care, assisted living and/or other essential services
- Address immediate needs, when necessary, with emergency planning
- Develop a plan to care for aging parents or relatives with dementia or other health problems
- Address guardianship issues when your loved one can no longer care for themself
- Plan for future needs while you are younger
Medicaid planning involves knowing how to develop and place the right mix of assets, including your retirement accounts and your primary residence. The sooner you start planning, the sooner you will know what you need and be able to work toward your goals.
Contact An Experienced Lawyer For Medicaid Planning | Free Consultation
Talk to an attorney at COHEN & COHEN PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS, P.C. to start developing a strategy that will work for you and your family. We can provide a free personalized consultation regarding Medicaid planning and elder law; in some cases, we make home and hospital visits. We also offer informative educational seminars to the public. Call us at 800-247-8164 or contact us by email to arrange a consultation with an attorney.