Benefits of Adult Guardianship
Elder law can quickly become a complex topic fraught with emotions, worry and concern about the health and care of your elderly loved ones. Our firm has the skill and experience necessary to guide you through this process in the most efficient manner possible.
HELPING YOUR LOVED ONES AGE WITH DIGNITY
At Cohen & Cohen Law Group, P.C., we have extensive experience in the fields of estate planning and elder law. We understand the importance of planning for the future. From our office in Forest Hills, we help clients protect their loved ones and their loved ones’ assets when those loved ones can no longer care for or protect themselves. Our firm’s elder law attorneys can help you with the legal process, known as an adult guardianship hearing, in the following ways:
- We can assess the best course of action to care for your loved one, for you and your family, based on your wishes, values and concerns.
- We can walk you through the legal steps necessary to get control of your loved one’s daily activities and financial management when they can no longer manage those things themselves.
- We can help you take those steps to get the legal authority you need to best help your loved one, through an MHL 81 Guardianship proceeding.
- We can help you get the authority to qualify your loved one for Medicaid or other government benefits when they can no longer take the steps to qualify themselves.
- We can help you and your family develop a plan to care for your aging parents/loved ones with dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis or other degenerative health problems.
Gaining the authority you need to help manage your loved one’s life and finances when they no longer can manage them on their own involves knowing how adult guardianship laws work in New York and how those powerful laws can be used to meet your loved one’s needs. The sooner you speak to an elder law attorney, the sooner you will be able to ensure your loved one’s maximum safety while preserving as much of their dignity as possible as they continue to live their lives.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION WITH A SKILLED GUARDIANSHIP ATTORNEY
If you have further questions or concerns regarding adult guardianship, we encourage you to schedule a consultation at our office. We can be reached at 800-247-8164 or email. We can provide a personalized consultation regarding adult guardianship and elder law. Depending on your unique circumstances, we make home and hospital visits. Additionally, we offer educational seminars to the public.