LGBT ESTATE PLANNING
The same principles of good estate planning apply to all families, couples and individuals: thorough, strategic action leads to good outcomes, while poor planning tends to breed problems. However, many gay, lesbian and bisexual couples can benefit greatly from certain protections provided by recently enacted New York state laws. Our firm understands these laws, and we understand the needs of members of the LGBT community.
If you need advice about how to best plan your estate, talk to an attorney who understands estate planning for same-sex couples and nontraditional families. Call COHEN & COHEN PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS, P.C. in Forest Hills, New York.
HELPING LGBT COUPLES AND FAMILIES PROTECT THEIR ASSETS
At COHEN & COHEN PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS, P.C., our lawyers help all couples and families protect their assets, prepare for the futures and provide for their loved ones. We provide advice and we prepare essential estate plans that can include:
- Wills for same-sex couples
- Powers of attorney that designate the person(s) of your choice to handle your affairs if you are incapacitated
- Trusts that can remove specific assets from your estate (limiting your tax exposure), protect your assets to the beneficiaries with less hassle
- Qualification for Medicaid and other important benefits
- Provisions for married same-sex couples, who can shield assets as part of the same economical unit
- Provisions for unmarried same-sex couples, who want to ensure their partner will have a say in their health care decisions and the ability to help manage their finances, should they become unable to manage them on their own
We offer comprehensive estate planning, highly personalized service, and competitive flat fees.
CONTACT COHEN & COHEN PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS, P.C. FOR A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
Searching for an LGBT estate planning lawyer in Queens or elsewhere in New York City (NYC)? Call COHEN & COHEN PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS, P.C. at (718) 275-7779 or contact the firm by email to schedule a free consultation.