NEW YORK REAL ESTATE IS A MAJOR INVESTMENT. LET US HELP YOU PROTECT IT.
Commercial real estate in the New York City area is among the most expensive in the world. Whether you are buying or selling a commercial property, it is likely to be among the largest financial investment transactions of your lifetime. Are you really willing to put your financial future in the hands of a real estate agent who doesn’t get paid until the transaction closes?
It makes sound financial sense to invest in the services of a lawyer who will represent your financial interests. Call COHEN & COHEN PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS, P.C., to discuss your commercial property transaction with an attorney on our team. Combined, we have more than 10 years of experience helping commercial real estate buyers and sellers save money.
How does a real estate lawyer help you protect your financial interests? They will:
- Review the certificate of property to make sure you can use the property for your intended investment purpose
- Draft, revise or review your acquisition offer or sales agreement BEFORE you sign
- Make sure shareholder agreements are written to reduce or eliminate the possibility of disputes and litigation among investors
- Review local zoning and land use laws to make sure you can use the property for your intended purpose
- Review existing lease agreements are legally written and in compliance with relevant rent controls regulated by the Department of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR)
- Review restrictive covenants dating back 100 years
- Determine whether the property is tied up in any kind of liens or commercial litigation
- Review existing commercial lease agreements to ensure they comply with regulations
- Investigate whether the property is in violation of any New York or federal environmental laws you may be responsible for
From our offices in Forest Hills, our firm represents buyers, sellers, developers, property managers and real estate professionals in communities throughout the New York City metropolitan area. We often work with out-of-state clients who have real estate interests in the New York City metropolitan area.
Before You Sign, Call A Forest Hills Commercial Property Dispute Attorney
We provide a free, no-obligation case evaluation. You will find our retainer and fees reasonable, based on responsible and clear billing policies. From wherever you are in New York or across the nation, call 800-247-8164or use our email contact form to send a brief description of your legal needs. Our office will contact you to arrange a consultation with a Queens commercial real estate attorney as soon as possible.