Simplifying The Probate Process For Your Family
Probate and estate administration refer to the legal processes that occur after a person has passed away. In general, probate or administration resolves the deceased person’s assets and debts, as signed off on by a court. In Queens, just one court handles probate matters, which can be time-consuming if they are not handled properly. Because any estate taxes are due nine months after the decedent’s passing, after which an estate can be penalized, it is essential to handle the petition carefully with the help of an experienced attorney.
We Are Here To Make The Probate Process Easier
If you have been entrusted with the responsibility of handling a loved one’s estate, you may have a lot on your plate. At Cohen & Cohen Law Group, P.C. in Forest Hills, New York, we are here to make the probate process as smooth and trouble-free as possible. Specifically, our lawyers can help you by:
- Explaining what your responsibilities are
- Reviewing estate documents
- Fulfilling your duties as a beneficiary, trustee or executor of an estate
- Advising you concerning the management of assets
- Obtaining testamentary letters as expeditiously as possible
- Handling kinship matters (in which there is an inadequate estate plan) or intestate matters (an estate for which there is no will)
- Handling the administration of a trust
- Representing you in a contested trust or probate matter
Our firm hosts regular seminars on topics related to elder law and estate planning. We welcome the opportunity to assist you and your family.
Contact Us | We Offer A Free Probate Consultation
The Queens probate attorneys of Cohen & Cohen Law Group, P.C. can answer your questions during a free consultation tailored to your needs. Contact us to talk to an attorney about your needs.