Estate Administration When There Is No Will
When a person passes away without a will, their assets must also go through a court process to be passed to their family. While the court process to distribute assets at death is called Estate “Probate” when there is a will, it is called Estate “Administration” when there isn’t any will.
Oftentimes, when someone passes away without a will, their family can face numerous difficulties and hassles during the estate administration process. These challenges can relate to disputes regarding beneficiaries and the transfer of assets, to estate taxes or to the red tape that family members can encounter in the administration proceeding.
An estate without a will is known as an intestate estate, and it calls for the help of a lawyer with relevant experience. Our firm has an extensive history of handling difficult estate matters in Queens. We can help you if you are overwhelmed by an estate administration problem or simply eager to expedite the resolution of your loved one’s estate.
Finding Solutions To Problems With A Loved One’s Estate
At COHEN & COHEN PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS, P.C., based in Forest Hills, New York, we understand the problems that intestate estates present. We are here to help you find solutions. Our attorneys can assist you by:
- Reviewing documents and exploring all possible approaches to your case
- Explaining how the estate administration process works in Queens
- Representing you, your loved one’s estate or another party in a kinship case
- Advising you regarding will contests, issues related to testamentary capacity and other challenging matters
- Representing you and your family in dealing with creditors
- Answering questions about estate tax and the distribution of assets
Estate Administration can be confusing. Our firm provides education and counsel regarding the best ways to approach the process. We welcome the opportunity to discuss your case with you.
Contact Us For A Free Phone Consultation
Searching for a Queens lawyer for intestate estates? We can answer your questions about estate administration, will contests and other important matters. Contact COHEN & COHEN PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS, P.C. for a free phone consultation about your probate matter.